By Shandley Mcmurray Dec 23, 2022
The Bahamas is filled with fabulous accommodations. These budget-friendly all-inclusive resorts don’t skimp on style or service.
It’s no secret that things are better in the Bahamas. Sugar-white sandy beaches, warm turquoise water, and delicious food greet visitors to the area’s 700 captivating islands. Having mastered the laid-back vibe, the Bahamas is the perfect place to visit for a beach vacation. Plus, it’s home to some impressively plush all-inclusive resorts.
While there are plenty of luxury beach hotels to enjoy in Nassau, not to mention the Bahama’s three other beautiful main islands, it’s the all-inclusive retreats that offer guests the best bang for their proverbial buck.
Budget-friendly all-inclusive resorts abound in the Bahamas, especially in the largest cities of Nassau and Freeport. Ideal for both families and couples, these resorts’ rates are inclusive of everything from rooms to meals to water sports.
Those hoping to score a great deal should check out these affordable all-inclusive resorts in the Bahamas.
10 Club Med Columbus, San Salvador
The luxurious Club Med Columbus is the perfect resort for couples in search of a romantic Bahamian getaway. While it hovers near the higher end of the price range for all-inclusive resorts, this newly reopened retreat is both lavish and serene. Two-story bungalows house the recently renovated guest rooms, which are crisp, colorful, and comfortable.
Families are welcome here, too, and the Junior Club Med program is open to 11 to 17-year-olds in July and August. The list of amenities is large, and the activities will keep guests busy from sunrise to well past sunset.
- Accommodation: Club Med Columbus
- Address: Cockburn Town, San Salvador, Bahamas
- Amenities: Two restaurants, three bars, a spa, a windsurfing school, scuba diving, a fitness school, tennis courts, snorkeling, a theater, a pool, a basketball court, and a beach volleyball court.
- Included: All meals, snacks, and beverages, land and water-based activities, evening entertainment, and live music. Airport transfers are included if air travel is booked through Club Med.
9 Sandals Royal Bahamian, Nassau
Tourists are guaranteed a romantic stay when they book into the adult-only, all-inclusive Sandals Royal Bahamian resort in Nassau. Winner of a five-star diamond award and dubbed one of the best all-inclusive beach resorts, this lavish property reopened in January 2022 after a $55 million renovation.
Sleep in a butler suite with swim-up access to the pool, relax in the Coconut Grove lounge area or spend time canoodling at the resort’s private island offshore. The Love Runner boat transports guests to Sandals Barefoot Cay multiple times a day. Set on one of the Bahamas’ most beautiful islands, guests won’t want to leave this captivating spot.
- Accommodation: Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Address: West Bay Street. Cable Beach, Nassau, Bahamas
- Amenities: 10 restaurants, two food trucks, eight bars, a spa, seven pools, and two beaches. Butler service is also available at a higher rate.
- Included: All meals, drinks, and snacks, including premium liquor, all amenities on the private island; land and water activities (including diving and snorkeling), airport transfers; water taxi to the island; entertainment; and a fitness center.
8 Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma
A stay at Great Exuma’s adult-only, all-inclusive Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis & Spa Resort will have guests feeling amorous in no time. Secluded villas are available if travelers are willing to increase their budget, but those looking for a more affordable all-inclusive rate will be more than happy with a club-level room. All feature oversized windows that make the most of the spectacular garden or beach views.
The mile-long beach is a romantic place to visit, especially at sunset, and the endless number of activities means guests won’t get bored. Whether they enjoy playing golf, paddleboarding, or scuba diving, there are plenty of fun things to do at this resort.
- Accommodation: Sandals Emerald Bay
- Address: Emerald Bay, Queens Highway, Rokers Point Settlement, Great Exuma, Bahamas
- Amenities: 11 restaurants, six bars, a spa, a Greg-Norman-designed golf course, tennis courts, and three pools. Butler service is also available at a higher rate.
- Included: All meals, snacks, and drinks, including premium liquors, greens fees at the on-site golf course, land and water activities (including diving and snorkeling), entertainment, access to a mile-long beach, and airport transfers.
7 Small Hope Bay Lodge, Andros Island
The aptly named Small Hope Bay Lodge packs a lot of charm and high-end service into a three-star resort. Quaint and intimate, this sweet all-inclusive resort boasts a mere 18 rooms and four two-bedroom cabins that date to the 1960s. All are decked out in local artwork and handmade furniture with bright accents reminding guests of their tropical locale.
The rooms are eco-friendly, reducing each guest’s carbon footprint by adding solar-powered showers, overhead ceiling fans, and reverse osmosis water coolers. Those hoping for air conditioning will have to pay an additional fee.
It’s hard to find tastier food than that served at the lodge’s main restaurant. Chefs transform freshly caught seafood into delectable dishes. They also offer a kids’ menu for families with picky eaters, as well as a nightly cocktail hour.
- Accommodation: Small Hope Bay Lodge
- Address: PO Box 23324, Fresh Creek, Andros Island, Bahamas
- Amenities: One restaurant, a beach, a hot tub, indoor and outdoor showers, and keepsake reusable water bottles.
- Included: All meals and drinks, land and water-based activities, including snorkeling and scuba lessons.
6 Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, Nassau
There’s a lot to love about the adults-only, all-inclusive Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Resort in Nassau. First, it’s set in an elegant, five-star property on one of Nassau’s most beautiful beaches. Next, it lies within walking distance of some of Nassau’s best attractions (hello, Atlantis). Finally, this couples’ resort offers great service, fabulous food, and multiple amenities.
Some reviewers claim the rooms are spacious but in need of an update.
- Accommodation: Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
- Address: 6307 Casino Drive, Nassau, Bahamas
- Amenities: Two pools, four restaurants, a jerk station, three bars, a pâtisserie and ice cream parlor, a gym, the Renova Spa, a beach volleyball court, a private section of the beach, comfy hammocks, and entertainment.
- Included: All meals, snacks, and drinks, including top brands, room service, some land and water activities, and entertainment.
5 Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort, Freeport
Have kids in tow? Take them to the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort in Freeport. This affordable retreat is one of the most family-friendly resorts in the Bahamas. They host endless activities including paintball, paddleboarding, windsurfing, and trapeze. The resort also boasts a super fun kids’ club to keep children happily entertained while their adults lounge on the beach, play a game of pickleball, or splash in the pool.
The food here is tasty and varies in flavor—guests will find everything from Asian to Italian to Caribbean cuisine. Each of the 274 guest rooms is bright, airy, and contemporary, featuring a balcony and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Accommodation: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort
- Address: Churchill Drive, Doubloon Road, Freeport, Bahamas
- Amenities: Three à la carte restaurants, a buffet-style restaurant, a snack bar, tennis courts, a fitness center, an ocean-front pool, a beach, and a kids’ club.
- Included: All meals, drinks, and snacks, an introductory dive lesson, non-motorized water sports, land and water-based activities, dance and cooking lessons, and nightly entertainment.
4 Breezes Bahamas, Nassau
While families are welcome at Breezes Resort & Spa, children must be 14 or older to stay at this budget-friendly all-inclusive resort. Set serenely on Cable Beach, one of the prettiest beaches in Nassau, tourists can feel their shoulders relax the moment they step foot on this idyllic property.
Two towers hold the 391 guest rooms, which range from beachfront patio rooms to oceanfront rooms and suites. Sliding glass doors lead to a private patio, some of which offer direct pool or beach access. Others boast balconies with breathtaking views.
Activities are vast, meaning guests can stay busy all day if they choose. Those who’d rather lounge by the pool or ocean won’t be disappointed, and the food here is tasty.
- Accommodation: Breezes Bahamas
- Address: West Bay Street, Nassau, Bahamas
- Amenities: One buffet restaurant, four à la carte restaurants, one bar, three freshwater pools, a hot tub, a fitness center, a nightclub, a piano bar, a fitness center, a racquet center, and a spa.
- Included: All food, snacks, and drinks, as well as land and water activities.
3 Warwick Paradise Island – Bahamas, Nassau
It’s easy for loved-up couples to feel amorous at the adults-only Warwick Paradise Island – Bahamas resort. Set on Paradise Island’s southern coast, this four-star, the elysian all-inclusive resort lies a mere 15 minutes from downtown Nassau and just steps from a small, private beach.
Chic furnishings and contemporary suites are on offer here, as is a large free-form pool and five restaurants. Hoping to get hitched? There’s space to do that, too, on the picturesque Sunset Terrace.
As mentioned, the beach here is small. If you’re hoping to spend your days lounging on the sand and floating in the ocean, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Accommodation: Warwick Paradise Island
- Address: Harbour Drive, Nassau, Bahamas
- Amenities: Private Beach, 24-hour fitness center, the Amber Spa, and Junkanoo Beat (a disco-inspired entertainment venue).
- Included: All meals, snacks, and beverages at five restaurants and two bars. Activities and nightly entertainment are also part of the rate.
2 Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan, Freeport
Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan in Freeport is an ideal and affordable all-inclusive resort for couples and families alike. Tall palms shade guests who lounge by a sparkling infinity pool overlooking the azure ocean. Waves lap the soft shore, enticing tourists to enjoy a refreshing dip. Comfortable rooms adorned with bright accents and furnished balconies invite guests to take a load off in style without breaking the bank.
There are four restaurants to choose from on the all-inclusive plan, a slew of activities to keep travelers busy, and a golf course to keep guests entertained when they aren’t basking in the sun at the beach.
- Accommodation: Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan
- Address: 1 Royal Palm Way, Freeport, Bahamas
- Amenities: Four restaurants, the Senses Spa, fitness center, and golf course.
- Included: All meals and drinks, including some premium brand drinks, activities, fitness classes, unlimited golf on the Reef Course, and entertainment.
1 Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau
It’s hard to beat the panoramic vistas found in the ocean front rooms at Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau. These plush accommodations boast balconies, contemporary furnishings, and a bright and airy design.
This resort knows how to entertain its guests. There are so many fun things to do that it’s hard to choose which activity to try first. An on-site water park is a hit with children and adults. There’s even a surf simulator! Want time to relax on the beach or in the spa? Send the kids to the uber-fun Parakeets Kid’s Club. They won’t want to leave.
When hunger hits, head to one of the many restaurants and bars. No one goes hungry at this epic, affordable, all-inclusive resort.
- Accommodation: Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau, Bahamas
- Address: 2 Bay Street, Nassau, Bahamas
- Amenities: A water park, surf simulator, spa, kids’ club, freeform pool, beach, and a large entertainment complex that includes a virtual reality sports section, bowling, karaoke, and a movie theater. There are also 13 food and drink options and a 5,000-square-foot ballroom.
- Included: Meals, drinks, and most activities, including the kids’ club.
We hope you like the items we recommend and discuss! TheTravel has affiliate and sponsored partnerships, so we receive a share of the revenue from some of your purchases. This won’t affect the price you pay and helps us offer the best product recommendations.